WINDSOR made it back-to-back wins at Home Park in the South West One East on Saturday after a 31-17 victory against Wimborne.

The game was important for the hosts who were keen to secure their third win of the season in front of a good home crowd, many of which had enjoyed a Christmas Lunch in the clubhouse prior to the match.

Windsor made a number of changes to the side that put up a spirited performance against Old Centralians, with Rose Carne replacing Tim Bascombe, George Jupp making his first start since his return from Australia, and Matt Balmer coming into the centre.

Windsor started the match in a positive manner and were soon putting Wimborne under pressure in their half. This pressure was soon rewarded with Greg Drew scoring a try under the posts in the fifth minute. This was converted by Jack Gaylor.

From the restart, Windsor went in search of more points and in the 14th minute Gaylor scored the home side’s second try, which he successfully converted.

As the half progressed Windsor continued to be the dominant side and were soon to increase their lead with winger Sam George scoring a third try, which was not converted.

As we approached the last quarter of the half, Wimborne were to open their account with a try which was not converted to reduce the deficit to 21-5.

Fortunately for Windsor this proved to be Wimborne’s only score of the half, and just before the half time whistle Drew scored his second to secure the try bonus point following a driving maul after a line out close to the line.

Following a very impressive first half performance, the home crowd were hopeful that Windsor could to play a positive and dominant brand of rugby.

Wimborne ,however, had other ideas and came out in defiant mood looking to close the deficit. As a consequence the second half was very keenly contested by both sides.

Although Windsor were to increase their lead midway through the second half via Adam Bailes, which was not converted by Gaylor, this proved to be their only score of the half.

In addition, Stuart Everton, making his first start of the season, since returning to Windsor from Rams, received a yellow card reducing them to 14 men towards the end.

Wimborne, as a consequence, mounted a spirited comeback and went to score two more tries, of which one was converted, before the final whistle.

Windsor make the trip to Old Patesians this Saturday.