BURNHAM climbed out of the bottom three in the Premier Division with an impressive 2-0 home win against Reading City on Tuesday night.

Gavin James put Blues in front on the half-hour mark, and a Joey Gritt strike on the stroke of half-time ensured the hosts were well in command at the interval.

And despite missing four goalkeepers due to injury and suspension, stand-in Dan Molloy was able to keep a clean sheet at The Gore to ensure his side took home all three points.

Burnham are at home to Shrivenham tomorrow (Saturday, 3pm).

In Division One East, Chalvey Sports climbed to fifth in the table after beating visitors Kidlington Development 2-1.

The home side took the lead on nine minutes after Joe Creighton found the net, and they extended their lead just before the half-hour mark, a sharp turn and great strength from Cheyenne Cripps allowed him to finish superbly into the bottom corner.

The second period saw Kidlington fight back as they dominated possession, only to find Chalvey in an obdurate mood defensively.

Robert Johnson did halve the deficit on 88 minutes, but time ran out for the Oxfordshire side as the hosts picked up a valuable three points.

Chalvey Sports travel to Long Crendon tomorrow (3pm), before hosting unbeaten leaders Risborough Rangers on Tuesday night (7.45pm).

Ninth-placed Holyport shared the spoils 2-2 in their game at Penn & Tylers Green.

A Daniel Rapley penalty gave 'Port the lead, only for Penn to hit back and equalise.

Holyport went in front for a second time when Rapley grabbed his second following a beautiful Alan Ackerman pass, but they couldn't hold on and the hosts earned a draw.

Dean Allen and Andrew Viney were the home goalscorers.

Holyport travel to Abingdon Town next Tuesday (7.45pm).

Langley – whose game at Abingdon Town was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch on Saturday – travel to Thame Rangers on Tuesday (7.45pm).

Taplow United crashed out of the Bluefin Sports Supplementary Cup following a 3-0 reverse at AFC Aldermaston.

Monay Chandler-Mills gave the Atom Men a 40th-minute lead from the penalty spot after Tyrese Corbin-Chandler had been felled in the box.

The duo combined to double the lead 10 minutes from time, Chandler-Mills this time the provider as Corbin-Chandler slotted home from his square ball.

Any hopes of a Taplow comeback were ended five minutes later, George Dallarda adding a final gloss to the scoreline.

Taplow United visit Adderbury Park in the Chairman's Challenge Cup tomorrow.