BEACONSFIELD returned to winning form in the South West One East after a 39-32 victory against Windsor at Oak Lodge Meadow on Saturday, writes Rob Stevens.

The Bucks-based side had suffered defeat in their previous three league matches but a great team performance saw them overcome their rivals and climb up to 10th position in the table.

Windsor however are still searching for a first win having been promoted from the Southern Counties North last season, currently without a point and second from bottom.

Windsor were looking to build on a spirited performance in defeat to Royal Wootton Bassett the previous weekend but had to make a number of enforced changes due to unavailability and injuries.

This has been the story of their campaign so far with head coach, Jack Pattinson, and his coaching team unable to field a full strength or settled side.

The visitors made a bright start and took the lead inside the first five minutes with a try from Sam George, but Jack Gaylor was unable to secure the additional two points with a difficult conversion attempt.

Beaconsfield started to put pressure on and it resulted in an interception try as Windsor tried to run the ball deep inside their own half in the 25th minute. The conversion was booted for the extra points.

The home team then scored an unconverted try, but Windsor responded as Matt Balmer touched down under the posts and Gaylor kicked the two points to level the scores at 12-12.

Beaconsfield took a 22-12 advantage into the break thanks to a penalty and a converted try.

Windsor had their chances to score further in the first half but were not clinical when it mattered. Pattinson however believed the match was still there to be won and rallied his side at half-time.

The hosts were soon to build on their lead with a converted score.

Windsor started to play with much more urgency as Beaconsfield tired in the final 20 minutes and, following pressure deep in their half, captain Chris Emmett crossed the whitewash with Gaylor booting the conversion.

The visitors went on to bag another converted try which further energised a side that realised that the game could be won.

Their hope however was undone having been penalised near the halfway line and, after a planned penalty move, Beaconsfield scored a converted try.

Windsor continued to work hard to reduce the deficit and were rewarded with a second try from Balmer, although the conversion was missed, but a penalty kick in the final minutes brought them to within seven points.

Windsor will look to be more clinical and reduce the amount of errors when welcoming bottom-of-the-table and pointless Salisbury this Saturday (3pm).