FLACKWELL Heath and Windsor both progressed in the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup on Tuesday night to set up a potential tie against a higher-league club in the county, writes Rob Stevens.

The Heathens beat Shrivenham 3-2 in a preliminary round match at Wilks Park whilst Windsor travelled to Wantage Town and won 3-1 at Alfredian Park.

Flackwell were unfortunate not to take the lead inside three minutes when Marcus Ushiro-Lumb rattled the crossbar with a shot from 25-yards.

Ushiro-Lumb did break the deadlock as he stroked home following good work from Khalid Simmo, who danced around three or four defenders and the Shrivenham keeper, after 40 minutes.

Simmo doubled the advantage with a superb individual effort in the final minute before the break.

The visitors pulled a goal back when Jack Allan rounded the Flackwell keeper to net in the 69th minute.

The Heathens restored their two-goal advantage as superb work from Josh Baines forced the keeper to fumble the ball and Simeon Weekes bounced to score after 72 minutes.

Shrivenham were given the chance to reduce the deficit when Allan was fouled inside the box but the same player sent the resulting penalty kick wide of the post.

The away team pulled another back in the first minute of time added on as a cross into the box from Steve Robertson was bundled in by Brad Hirst - his first senior goal in senior football.

Flackwell Heath now turn their attention to the FA Vase and a first round proper tie against Colney Heath from the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division at Wilks Park this Saturday (3pm).

Goals from Andrew Ingram and Excellence Mahumba gave Windsor a clear lead heading into the break at Wantage, with Charlie Macaskill striking eight minutes into the second half before James Glover pulled one back for the hosts.

Windsor turn their attention to the Hellenic League Premier Division and a visit to Stag Meadow from Lydney Town this Saturday (3pm).

Holmer Green have fallen at the first hurdle in the Senior Cup following their 5-1 defeat against Newport Pagnell Town from the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.

Newport took the lead at Watchet Lane when Sam Olawale was quickest to respond to a save from The Greens keeper.

The advantage was doubled as the returning Jack Stronge struck a low curling shot from the edge of the box.

The visitors were twice unfortunate not to build on their lead before the break when Leon Lobjoit hit the post with a looping shot and then was denied by a Holmer defender clearing off the line.

Newport did extend their advantage in the second half as Matt Hall scored direct from a corner and Sam Parish found the back of the net.

The away team were however reduced to 10-men when Lobjoit was shown a straight red card.

The Greens pulled a goal back but Jake Watkinson had the final word as he received a poor clearance from the Holmer keeper to score.

Holmer Green head to Tuffley Rovers in the Premier Division this Saturday (3pm).