WINDSOR have exited the Berks & Bucks Senior Cup this season after a 4-3 defeat on penalties to Flackwell Heath on Tuesday, writes Rob Stevens.

Windsor took the lead in the second round tie at Stag Meadow inside six minutes as midfielder Connor Shingleston side-footed a volley from a Daniel Roberts cross past the Heathens keeper at the back post.

The visitors equalised six minutes before the break when striker Mo Ceesay got ahead of his marker to volley past keeper Hugo Sobte from inside the box.

Neither side could add to the score in the 90 minutes so the tie went to penalties where Windsor substitute Jordan Ellis rattled the decisive eighth spot-kick against the crossbar.

Windsor boss Mick Woodham told the Observer: “We didn’t do enough in the 90 minutes to win the game and we dropped the wrong side on penalties.

“I don’t think we really done enough so we haven’t got too much to complain about to be honest.

“When you look at Saturday where we had the opposite start, it was a really good, positive start and a great finish from a tight angle.

“But, for the last 30 minutes of the first-half we failed to do what we started the game with.

“We complicated it, got lazy and gave the ball away, which gave Flackwell and invite into the game and I thought it was only a matter of time before they scored.

“Flackwell rightly scored and we found it difficult, but thankfully the half-time whistle came, and we battled a bit better in the second-half.

“It was more even but there wasn’t many chances at either end really, so all in all it was disappointing.

“Penalties are 50-50, you win some and you lose some, and we will probably be on the right side of some sooner rather than later.”

He continued: “We certainly have a big game this Saturday but we had a big game at Ascot last weekend, so the boys need to grow up and accept what we are trying to do.

“If we want to be successful then there are going to be big games in short periods. We’ve got a busy seven days so our reaction in training needs to be good.”