SLOUGH Town have recorded a first win in National League South this season after a 2-1 victory away at Gloucester City on Saturday.

The Rebels were unfortunate not to take the lead inside the first minute at the Jubilee Stadium when Lee Togwell headed against the post before it was cleared off the line.

The visitors hit the post again as midfielder Simon Dunn shot from the edge of the box in the 17th minute.

Slough eventually broke the deadlock when the un-marked Lee Togwell volleyed into the net from six-yards after 25 minutes.

The Rebels almost doubled their advantage two minutes after the break as a spectacular effort from Scott Davies in his own half almost caught out Matt Yates, but the keeper managed to claw the shot over the crossbar.

Gloucester equalised totally against the run of play when Joe Hanks ran down the left and crossed for Jake Mawford to hit home off the post in the 70th minute.

However, the visitors restored their lead straight from the restart as Josh Jackman found substitute Ben Harris to head in his first goal of the season.

Harris had the ball in the net again four minutes later but the effort was ruled out for offside.

Slough return to Arbour Park for the visit of Weston-super-Mare on Tuesday (7.45pm) and then host Torquay United this Saturday (3pm).

Burnham will welcome Abingdon United to The Gore in an FA Cup extra preliminary round replay on Tuesday after a 2-2 draw at Northcourt last weekend.

Ramel Sutherland gave the Blues the lead inside the first minute, before Samual Wharton equalised for Abingdon just two minutes later.

The Hellenic Premier Division club took the lead through Lester Davis four minutes before the break, but summer signing Ashley James secured the replay for Burnham with an 81st minute leveller.

Holyport are out of the competition this season following their 2-1 defeat to Brimscombe & Thrupp at Summerleaze.

Dan Rapley got Port off to a positive start with a goal on four minutes, but the visitors countered with goals in each half from Ash Caldwell and Harrison Reeves.

Holyport return to action in Division One East with a trip to Didcot Town Development this Saturday (3pm).

Virginia Water gained their second point of the season in the Hellenic Premier Division after a 1-1 draw away at Shrivenham thanks to a headed equaliser from summer signing Liam Whyte.

The Waters welcome Brackley Town Saints to Stag Meadow on Tuesday (7.45pm), before a trip to Abingdon United this Saturday (3pm).

Chalvey Sports opened their inaugural campaign in Division One East with a convincing 4-0 win against Penn & Tylers Green at Arbour Park.

The Stabmonks took a clear lead into the break thanks to goals from Levi Thackery and Jason Marney, before Marney and Bryan Taylor found the back of the net in the second half.

Chalvey travel to Thame Rangers this Saturday (3pm).

Grab a copy of the Observer every Friday for match reports, pictures and reaction.