REAL Milan have suffered a huge blow in their quest to retain the Division One title this season after a controversial 4-2 defeat against FC Bentons on Sunday.

A contentious penalty decision was the key in the result to a highly-charged match of high-importance at Arbour Park.

Milan still have five matches in hand on Bentons but went into the game knowing a win was a must against the league leaders.

Both sides started well in the snow but the hosts were dealt a blow on 30 minutes when Amin Khomsi was forced off with an ankle injury.

The changes made unsettled their balance and Bentons soon took the lead as George Windsor headed in a Jamie Di Guiseppe corner.

Real Milan pushed for an equaliser but left gaps at the back and Bentons doubled their advantage just before the break. The returning Charlie Samuel scoring with a fine solo goal.

Milan introduced the returning Tony Mendy at the start to the second period and it was not long before they pulled a goal back. A corner was headed towards goal by Riccardo Cannon and the ball was brilliantly hooked in by Kyle Jeffers.

The home side soon had their tails up, but controversy hit when Bentons went on the attack and match referee, Linda Lazenby, ignored a flag for offside from the assistant.

Play went on and Lazenby pointed to the spot for an adjudged arm across the body of Samuel. Real Milan protested, which resulted in coach Zufran Asghar being sent off, but to no avail and the penalty was given.

The visitors made it 3-1 from the spot as Josh Carpenter slotted home the penalty kick.

Milan responded and pulled another back when Victor Ocansey scored his first goal for the club in four years with a lovely finish on the half-volley from the edge of the box.

The hosts were then denied two clear penalties, first for a foul on Ocansey inside the box and then for handball with the ball heading towards goal.

With Real Milan throwing everything forward in search of an equaliser, gaps appeared at the back and Samuel broke clear again. Despite a great save from Hassan Hussain the rebound was put in from a tight angle.

Milan have since sent a report against referee Lazenby into league officials.

Real Milan will have to bounce back when they travel to in-form Datchet Village in the quarter-final of the Roy Lester Cup this Sunday (10.30am).

Ricky Saunders scored the only goal of the game as Datchet Village Reserves held off Hedgerley in a closely-fought match to reach the semi-finals of the Mary Wells Cup.

Both sides had good chances in awful conditions, but a great piece of individual skill from Saunders, combining with Marcus Hippolyte, gave Datchet the win.

Datchet Village third team survived a horrible first 45 minutes to come from behind and beat Spartan Red Kites to reach the semi-finals of the Tony Blay Memorial Trophy.

The Villagers were 3-1 down at one point, but it all changed in the second half, when Datchet took the game to the Spartans.

Datchet eventually ran our 5-3 winners with Michael Holmes the stand-out performer.

EMAIL your match reports and pictures plus other sports news to