MAIDENHEAD United made it consecutive wins in the National League this Christmas after victories over Hartlepool United and Solihull Moors.

United won 2-1 away at Hartlepool on Saturday before a 1-0 win against bottom of the table Solihull at York Road on Boxing Day.

The wins leave Maidenhead in 11th position in the league table and just three points outside the play-off places heading into the New Year.

United suffered a blow against Solihull when striker Jake Hyde limped off on the half-hour mark with an injury.

Solihull looked dangerous on the counter-attack, particularly down their left, and keeper Carl Pentney did well to push a curling effort from Oladapo Afolyan around the post.

That was the only shot on target in a cagey first half which saw both defences dominate, but the second period offered much more entertainment for the 1,261 in attendance.

With an hour gone, the game would get its only goal and it was Christian Smith who rose the highest.

An inswinging corner from Harry Pritchard was met confidently and nestled into the roof of the net giving keeper Max O’Leary no chance.

Maidenhead then held on in the pouring rain for a first home league win since the victory over Guiseley on September 30.

United enjoyed another memorable away day this season with a disciplined smash-and-grab win away at Hartlepool on Saturday.

It means Maidenhead have clinched the double over a side relegated from League Two only last season.

Hartlepool had strong claims for a penalty turned down as Rene Steer threw himself in front of a goal-bound effort.

The home side took the lead when Steer was rather harshly penalised for a foul and from the resulting free-kick Jake Cassidy looped an excellent header wide of Pentney and into the back of the net.

However, Maidenhead appeared well capable of causing Pool problems and the comeback began in earnest early in the second half.

Under pressure from Sean Marks, the ball ended in the back of the net via a Hartlepool defender at the end of the whipped cross from Remy Clerima on 52 minutes.

Moses Emmanuel then had the ball in the back of the net but was offside at the end of a Pritchard pass.

The second goal was coming when it arrived with 13 minutes still to play. It was fine work by substitute Adrian Clifton driving forward and releasing Pritchard who fired at Scott Loach.

The keeper could only parry the ball as far as Marks who could not miss in front of the gleeful travelling United supporters behind the goal.

Maidenhead welcome AFC Fylde to York Road this Saturday (3pm) before the reverse fixture at Solihull Moors on New Year’s Day (Monday, 3pm).

Windsor beat Brackley Town Saints 4-2 at Stag Meadow on Saturday, before a 4-2 defeat away at Ascot United on Boxing Day.

A goal from Tom Kalugan gave Brackley the lead but a Barry Hayles brace meant Windsor went into the half-time interval in front.

Brackley levelled the scores via Callum Williams a minute after the break, but goals from Keiran Knight and Jack Denton secured Windsor the points.

Ascot experienced Christmas cheer in front of 191 spectators on Boxing Day. Ex-Windsor striker Ben Harris gave the home side a two-goal lead at the half-time interval.

The visitors pulled a goal back through Denton before goals from Trevor Mutero and Rob Lazarczuk, another former Windsor player, made it 4-1 to Ascot with 14 minutes still to play.

Knight had the final say with a goal 10 minutes from the final whistle but the defeat leaves Windsor in 10th position in the league table.

Windsor welcome six-from-bottom Lydney Town to Stag Meadow this Saturday (3pm).

Check out the Observer sports Facebook page. Search Robert Observer Sport and like, follow and share today.