SLOUGH Town FC suffered one of their heaviest defeats of the season on Saturday when they lost 4-0 away at Redditch United.

The Rebels battled hard but unfortunately with little reward at The Valley, and have now registered just one win in seven matches.

Redditch took the lead on 34 minutes as George Carline capitalised on a huge bobble to tap the ball into the net.

Slough were unlucky to be behind at half-time, but almost immediately after the restart Redditch doubled their advantage.

The ball fell free on the edge of the box and substitute Courtney Baker-Richardson beat keeper Luke Williams.

The hosts had another goal ruled out after a foul, but captain Ashley Sammons made it 3-0 in the 55th minute.

Slough saw appeals for a back pass turned down and Redditch charged forward to score and secure three points.

Simon Maye added a fourth when he tapped in a goal bound shot that had beaten Williams on the hour mark.

Redditch had the opportunity to add to their tally late on but a penalty kick was sent wide of the post.

The defeat sees Slough drop one place to 15th position in the Southern Premier Division table and four points off the top half.

The Rebels return to Holloways Park this Saturday for the visit of Cambridge City (3pm ko).

Burnham FC remain bottom of the Southern Premier Division table after a 3-2 defeat to Paulton Rovers on Saturday.

Paulton took the lead on 17 minutes when Michell Page latched onto a Jon Davies pass and tucked the ball into the net.

The visitors could have added to their score as a low drive from Scott Wilson hit the base of both posts.

Paulton made it 2-0 before half-time when Davies played a one-two with Page and curled the ball past keeper Alex Lynch.

Burnham responded in the second-half and Inih Effiong pulled a goal back in the 48th minute.

The Blues deservedly levelled on the hour mark as Effiong converted a cross from Carl Davies.

The home side threatened but Paulton stole a winner on 90 minutes when Bristol City loanee Liam Monelle chipped home.

Burnham are now 11 points from safety and are away at title-chasing Corby Town this Saturday (3pm).

The Blues visit Cambridge next Wednesday (7.45pm) and then go to Chippenham Town on March 14 (3pm).

Maidenhead United are now three matches without a win in Conference South after a 2-0 defeat to Whitehawk on Saturday.

Whitehawk took the lead on 26 minutes when Scott Neilson rounded keeper Ashley Timms to net safely.

The away team doubled their advantage in the 42nd minute as Jake Robinson finished well from a corner.

The defeat sees Maidenhead drop one place to 17th position in the table ahead of a visit from Boreham Wood this Saturday (3pm).

Maidenhead are also all set to welcome Concord Rangers to York Road next Tuesday (7.45pm).

Windsor FC suffered a blow to their chances of promotion after a 2-0 defeat away at Frimley Green on Saturday.

Adam Aimable gave Frimley a 13th minute lead and James Felgate netted seconds before the half-time interval.

The defeat sees Windsor remain in fifth position in the Combined Counties Premier Division table and 13 points off top spot.

Windsor are away at Hanworth Villa this Saturday (3pm) and then Spelthorne Sports next Tuesday (7.45pm).

Holyport FC did not have a fixture to fulfil on Saturday but are away at Binfield this Friday (7.45pm).

**PICK up a copy of the Observer, out Friday, for match reports and pictures, plus reaction from your club** **FOLLOW the Observer on Twitter at @Observer_sports**