SLOUGH Town FC delivered a 0-0 draw in their Boxing Day showdown against rivals Chesham United at The Meadow.

Both sides showed plenty of endeavour but lacked a cutting edge, and The Rebels will be happy that they did not lose the match.

Slough created the better chances and went closest to scoring when Jake Parsons hit a post early in the second-half.

Parsons used his trickery to make space for the shot but was unlucky to see the effort rebound back off the upright.

Chesham thought that they had scored in the closing stages but the effort was disallowed for a foul on Rebels keeper Jake Somerville.

The draw leaves Slough in 11th position in the Southern Premier Division places and eight points off the play-off places.

The Rebels entertain Hungerford Town at Holloways Park on New Year’s Day (3pm ko) and then Burnham on Saturday (3pm).

Burnham FC recorded a first win in six matches with a 2-0 victory away at Banbury United last Tuesday.

The Blues were gifted a lead at Spencer Stadium after a mistake from Banbury keeper Leigh Bedwell on 31 minutes.

Bedwell came out to collect a long pass but he misjudged the bounce and Nathan Webb knocked the ball into an empty net.

Webb doubled his own tally for the match on the hour mark when striking the ball home from just inside the box.

However, Burnham could not capitalise on the success after a 1-0 defeat away at Hungerford Town on Boxing Day.

Early pressure from Hungerford eventually told in the 37th minute when Charlie Mpi scored from close range.

The home side twice hit the post in the second-half before The Blues were awarded a penalty on 80 minutes.

Matt Day fouled a Burnham attacker inside the box, but Nathan Webb saw his spot-kick saved by goalkeeper Paul Strudley.

The results leave Burnham in 21st position in the Southern Premier Division table but only a point from safety.

The Blues welcome Chesham United to The Gore on New Year’s Day (3pm) before a visit to Slough on Saturday (3pm).

Maidenhead United FC extended their unbeaten run to four matches with a 2-2 draw away at Eastbourne Borough on Sunday.

Eastbourne took the lead at Priory Lane on 13 minutes when Gavin McCallum headed home from a corner.

The Magpies levelled in the 33rd minute as Borough defender Marvin Hamilton turned a Reece Tison-Lascaris cross into his own net.

McCallum doubled his own tally on 51 minutes when he followed up a shot that keeper Will Britt could only parry.

Maidenhead equalised on the hour mark as Jacob Erskine headed in a cross from Harry Pritchard.

Maidenhead recorded a first league win in seven matches with a 2-0 victory against Hayes & Yeading United on Boxing Day.

Magpies ace Danny Green opened the scoring at York Road with a clinical finish from a narrowing angle on 72 minutes.

In the 75th minute, Green collected the ball from Dave Tarpey and drilled an instinctive shot into the top left hand corner.

York Road tenants Hayes & Yeading ended the match with 10 men after substitute Dylan Kearney was sent off for an elbow.

The results leave Maidenhead in 13th position in Conference South ahead of the reverse fixture against Hayes & Yeading on New Year’s Day (3pm) The Magpies return to York Road on Sunday for the visit of Bath City (3pm).

Windsor FC returned to winning ways with a 2-0 victory against Guildford City at Stag Meadow on Saturday.

Barry Dunbar hit the post and woodwork during a goalless first-half in front of 489 people who took advantage of free entry.

Windsor eventually took the lead on 47 minutes when Dan Hicks picked out James Quinn, who slotted the ball past keeper Liam Beach.

Kyle Jeffrey hit the post for the home side before substitute George Gould secured the points.

Gould headed in after Kyle Lucas had sent the ball back across goal in the 81st minute.

The win keeps Windsor in fourth position in the Combined Counties Premier Division table, seven points off of top spot.

Windsor are away at Epsom & Ewell this Saturday (3pm).

Holyport FC saw their five match unbeaten run ended after a 6-0 defeat away at Flackwell Heath on Saturday.

Danny Burnell, Gavin James and former Port star Daniel Rapley all scored for Flackwell in the first-half.

The hosts completed the rout with a Liam Tack brace, and one from ex-Holyport man Jamie Handscomb in the second period.

The defeat sees Holyport remain in 11th position in the Hellenic Premier Division table ahead of a trip to Binfield on Saturday (3pm).

**PICK up a copy of the Observer, out Friday, for match reports and pictures, plus reaction from your club** **FOLLOW the Observer on Twitter at @Observer_sports**