SLOUGH Town FC caused a major FA Trophy upset on Saturday after they won 2-0 at Margate in the first qualifying round.

The Rebels shocked the Isthmian Premier Division leaders, who are managed by ex-Aldershot Town and AFC Wimbledon boss Terry Brown.

The visitors took the lead on 15 minutes when a Jamie McClurg shot at the back post deflected in off of Brett Johnson.

Slough doubled their advantage eight minutes later as Scott Harris struck the ball low into the right hand corner.

The Rebels looked the more likely to score thereafter with Reece Yorke and Billy Jeffreys both seeing headers cleared off the line.

Slough have been awarded a home draw in the second qualifying round against Welsh club Merthyr Town on November 15.

The Rebels return to Southern Premier Division action this Saturday as Paulton Rovers visit Holloways Park (3pm ko).

Burnham FC are in the hat for the next round despite conceding a late equaliser in a 2-2 draw against Hitchin Town on Saturday.

Hitchin opened the scoring at The Gore when Ben Walster fired home a penalty midway through the first-half.

The Blues levelled in the second period as Tom O’Regan beat four defenders and slotted the ball into the goal.

The home side took the lead in the 74th minute when Nikke Kabamba slammed home after a partial save from the Hitchin keeper.

But Hitchin forced a first qualifying round replay two minutes from time as Charlie Smith netted from 20-yards.

The replay is due to take place tonight (Monday, 7.45pm ko) with the winners away at Weymouth on November 15 Burnham return to Southern Premier Division action this Saturday away at league leaders Poole Town (3pm ko).

Maidenhead United FC extended their unbeaten run in Conference South to five matches with a 1-1 draw at Wealdstone.

The home side took the lead on 72 minutes as Shane Lucien beat keeper Will Britt with a delightful chip into the far corner.

The Magpies equalised four minutes from time when the unmarked Dave Tarpey drilled the ball home at the back post.

The draw leaves Maidenhead in sixth position in the table ahead of a trip to Boreham Wood next Monday (7.45pm ko).

Windsor FC were dumped out of the FA Vase after a 4-1 first round defeat against Highworth Town on Saturday.

Hellenic Premier side Highworth stormed into a three-goal half-time lead at Stag Meadow to secure the tie.

TJ Bohane netted in the 16th and 19th minutes, with Dan Drewitt adding a third seconds before the break.

Bohane completed his hat-trick on 54 minutes before Adam Kirby netted a consolation goal five minutes from time.

Windsor return to Combined Counties Premier Division this Saturday away at Farnham Town (3pm ko).

Holyport FC recorded a fifth win in six Hellenic Premier matches as they beat Cheltenham Saracens 2-1 on Saturday.

‘Port opened the scoring at Summerleaze on 15 minutes as Alex Duffey drove home from inside the box.

Cheltenham restored parity in the 69th minute when the ball was fired into the net from 15-yards.

The home side secured the points on 81 minutes as Jack Harding poked a loose ball over the line from close range.

Holyport travel to Thame United on Tuesday (7.45pm ko) and then go to Newbury this Saturday (3pm ko).

**SEE Friday’s Observer for match reports and pictures, plus reaction from your club** **FOLLOW the Observer on Twitter at @Observer_sports**