SLOUGH Town FC were denied victory in a dramatic 2-2 draw at Daventry Town on Saturday.

Substitute Josh O’Grady pounced to score an equalising goal in the fifth minute of time added on and rescue a valuable point for title-chasing Daventry at Communications Park.

The goal was reward for their persistence throughout the game and the Purple Army were relieved to avoid a second successive home defeat in the space of three days.

Daventry took the lead against the run of play when Ashley Robinson drove toward goal and arrowed a shot into the top corner on 30 minutes.

Slough levelled on 38 minutes as forward Edward Smith stole in front of his marker and finished past goalkeeper Richard Morris.

Rebels got their noses in front when Warren Harris drilled the ball through a crowd of players and into the bottom corner on 53 minutes.

They seemed certain to hold onto all three points but, in the fifth minute of time added on, O’Grady fired the ball emphatically into the roof of the net to stun the visitors.

Beaconsfield SYCOB’s Division One Central play-off dreams are almost over after a 2-0 defeat against Kettering Town.

Two first-half goals from Elliot Sandy separated the two promotion-chasing sides at Holloways Park on Saturday.

Maidenhead United suffered a fourth consecutive loss inside a week at York Road on Saturday after a 2-1 defeat against Dover Athletic.

Adrian Clifton cancelled out an early Tom Murphy goal, but Maidenhead suffered late heartbreak when substitute Ricky Modeste bagged a last minute winner.

Burnham suffered a fifth successive away defeat in Southern Premier after a 2-1 loss at Redditch United on Saturday.

Blues took a second-half lead through forward Ryan Blake but Harvey Headley equalised for Redditch, who took the points courtesy of a Lewis Driver own goal.

Burnham are on the road again on Tuesday when they make the long journey down to third bottom AFC Totton (7.45pm ko).

A last minute Aaron Minhas goal secured Windsor a 3-2 win at Chessington & Hook United in Combined Counties Premier on Saturday.

Windsor opened the scoring through George Gould but trailed after Jimmy Hearne scored twice for the hosts. That was until Dan Hicks levelled on the stroke of half-time.

Minhas settled the clash late on, with Windsor in search of a second successive away win at Hartley Wintney on Tuesday (7.45pm) Holyport did not have a fixture to fulfil on Saturday but welcomed Oxford City Nomads to Summerleaze for a Hellenic Premier fixture last night.

Elsewhere, Windsor RFC beat Grove 37-19 at Home Park in South West One East and close the gap on promotion rivals Towcestrians to eight points.

Farnham Royal remain in the bottom two of Berks, Bucks & Oxon Premier despite a 20-20 draw at Chesham on Saturday.

Slough Jets will finish bottom of English Premier Ice Hockey League this season after consecutive defeats against Telford Tigers.

Jets were beaten 5-2 at The Hangar on Saturday, and then lost 6-1 in Telford on Sunday.

Boxing sensation John ‘The Don’ Brennan beat Kevin McCauley in a first round knock-out at Rivermead Leisure Complex on Sunday.

**PICK up a copy of the Observer, out every Friday, for full match reports and pictures, plus reaction from your club** **FOLLOW the Observer on Twitter at @Observer_sports**