WOKINGHAM & Emmbrook were dealt yet another injury blow when influential forward Matt Jones had to be stretchered off with a torn hamstring in the 1-1 draw with Ascot United on Tuesday evening.

The former Finchampstead star is the third Wokingham player to be carried from the pitch this season after Dan Collier and Sam Whiting, who suffered a cruciate ligament injury and broken leg respectively.

Fortunately for Satsumas, Jones, who took his tally to five goals in five matches with a strike against Yellamen, is only expected to be out for a few weeks.

But his absence will still be a blow for a Wokingham side that extended their unbeaten run to six matches with the draw against Ascot at Larges Lane.

"When I saw Matt Jones go down I feared the worst after the luck we have had," admitted manager Roger Herridge.

"It looks like a hamstring and he is going to go and see a specialist.

"Hopefully he will only be out for a couple of weeks.

"Obviously it's not good news for us and I will need to give the squad some thought as we are a bit light at the moment.

"Khalid Senussi came on last night and did well so he could do a job with Jones out and we have Luke Lee too." Jones netted the equaliser against Ascot on 36 minutes after Jack Smillie had given the visitors the early advantage.

Wokingham could have gone on to win the game as Sam Duffelen missed a couple of one-on-one chances and Chris Newlove spurned a decent opportunity.

"A draw was probably a fair result but at the end I was disappointed not to win," said Herridge.

"We created the better chances over the 90 minutes and Chris Grace pulled off a few decent saves.

"But we have been hard to beat so far and if we continue like that then we will pick up points." l CARL Withers missed an 89th minute penalty for Binfield as they lost 1-0 to Newbury on Tuesday.

Ben McGready put the visitors ahead after Ray Spence missed a penalty, with Callum Whitty deputising in goal. Carl Davies was also sent off shortly after the hour mark.