A GARAGE caught alight after neighbours started a bonfire nearby.

Two fire engines were called out to Dedworth Road, Windsor, at around 1.30pm today (Monday) after a bonfire in a neighbouring patch of land spread embers to the roof of a garage.

Breathing apparatuses were deployed as firefighters tackled the blaze, which had spread across the roof of the garage. The firefighters were thankfully able to put it out before it spread further. The firefighters left the scene at 2.30pm.

A spokesman from Slough Fire Station urged residents to desist from lighting bonfires in the ongoing heatwave as sparks and embers can cause fires to quickly grow out of control.