SLOUGH Town recovered from falling a goal behind to beat Poole Town 2-1 on Saturday and progress into the FA Cup fourth qualifying round.

The Rebels had beaten Berkhamsted and Dulwich Hamlet to reach the third qualifying round stage but were taking on higher-league opposition for the first time in the competition this season.

Poole are currently in the relegation places in National South but they made a good start at Arbour Park as Warren Bentley gave them a first half lead.

Slough responded after the half-time interval and Chris Flood levelled the scores at 1-1 on 57 minutes - his ninth goal of the season and fourth in the last three matches.

George Wells then made sure The Rebels would be in the hat for the draw on Monday with his first goal for the club eight minutes from the final whistle.

Slough have been drawn at home to Bostik Premier Division club Folkestone Invicta in the fourth qualifying round on Saturday, October 14.

The Rebels turn their attention to the League Cup and a first round tie at former landlords Beaconsfield Town on Monday (7.45pm).

Slough are back in Southern Premier Division action when Biggleswade Town are the visitors to Arbour Park this Saturday (3pm).

Maidenhead United have returned to winning form in National South after a 3-0 victory over Guiseley at York Road on Saturday.

United stormed into a two-goal lead inside the first five minutes thanks to strikes from Ryan Upward and Harry Pritchard.

Fellow midfielder James Comley then made sure the points were safe with a third goal on 35 minutes.

The win means Maidenhead move up two places to ninth position in the league table ahead of the trip to Torquay United this Tuesday (7.45pm).

United return to York Road for the visit of Aldershot Town this Saturday (3pm).

Maidenhead have been drawn at home to Havant & Waterlooville of National South in the fourth qualifying round on October 14.

Burnham are still searching for a first win this season after a 3-1 defeat away at Royal Wootton Bassett in the Hellenic Premier Division on Saturday.

Sam Collier gave Wotton Bassett the lead early on before Barry Dunbar levelled the scores at 1-1 after 38 minutes.

However, goals from Steve Yeardley and Sam Packer after the half-time interval mean The Blues still cannot find that elusive first win.

Burnham are away to Highmoor Ibis on Monday (7.45pm) before hosting Thame Rangers at The Gore in the Challenge Cup this Saturday (3pm).

Check out the Observer sports Facebook page. Search: Robert Observer Sports and like, follow and share today.