SLOUGH Town suffered their second defeat in three league games following a 2-1 home loss to in-form Frome Town on Saturday.

But the Rebels did not lose any ground in the Southern Premier promotion race as leaders Leamington lost to third-placed Hitchin Town at home by the same 2-1 scoreline.

As a result, Slough remain second in the table and four points adrift of Leamington with a game in hand.

They are also two points clear of Hitchin who have played two more games.

Nevertheless, joint Rebels bosses John Underwood and Neil Baker will be eager to put the latest setback behind them and rediscover their winning form.

They paid for a sloppy start at Arbour Park on Saturday when Frome skipper Sam Teale volleyed home from a Jon Davies free-kick to give the Somerset side a fourth-minute lead.

Rebels remained under the cosh as keeper Mark Scott denied George Miller and then Mikey Bryant before the hosts responded when Lewis Putman fired wide.

But Frome controlled the majority of the first half as Slough failed to test Kyle Phillips in the visitor’s goal.

However, Rebels improved after the break and threatened on the hour mark when Charlie Moone headed over from close range from a James Dobson cross.

Sadly, their hopes received another blow in the 67th minute when Ollie Knight converted a right-wing cross to put Frome 2-0 up.

Slough hit back three minutes later when Dobson tucked a penalty away after Moone had been tripped.

But Rebels failed to create any clear-cut opportunities in the closing stages as Frome held on for all three points.

Windsor FC

WINDSOR FC picked up a third victory in four Combined Counties Premier games after a 3-0 victory at Camberley on Saturday.

Mick Woodham’s men got off to a dream start when Nadir Shafri fired them in front with just two minutes on the clock.

Camberley struggled to contain the visitors in the first half and their frustrations boiled over four minutes after the interval when Carl Garstang was red carded.

Windsor were quick to make their numerical advantage count as Keiran Knight doubled their lead in the 73rd minute and Barry Dunbar added a third four minutes from time.

Windsor are due to host Abbey Rangers at Stag Meadow this Saturday (3pm).

Burnham FC

BURNHAM had a weekend to forget as they were thrashed 5-0 at home by in-form Bracknell Town at the Gore on Saturday.

Adam Cornell grabbed four goals for the Robins with Joe Grant adding the other.

The defeat leaves Blues rock bottom of the Hellenic Premier table.

They are without a fixture this weekend and return to league action on Saturday, December 17 when they go to Brimscombe & Thrupp.

Maidenhead United

MAIDENHEAD United extended their unbeaten league record to 18 games with a 2-0 home win against Margate at York Road on Saturday.

Alan Devonshire’s men bounced back from their FA Trophy exit at the hands of Wealdstone with another impressive victory that leaves them nine points clear at the top of the Vanarama National League South table, though second-placed St Albans City do have a game in hand.

Magpies were slow to get going against Margate but after weathering some early pressure from the visitors they took the lead on the half-hour mark through captain Sean Marks.

The Maidenhead skipper guided an exquisite half-volley in to the corner of the net for his 10th league goal of the season.

Magpies never looked back from there and after James Mulley had squandered a one-on-one chance, they doubled their lead six minutes before the break when Dave Tarpey picked the pocket of a Margate defender before slotting into the bottom corner.

Devonshire’s men remained on the front foot with Kieron Forbes rattling the crossbar after interval before Douglas Pajetat made a string of excellent saves to prevent the visitors from falling further behind.

The visitors enjoyed a strong spell midway through the second half without really testing Maidenhead keeper Carl Pentney.

But the hosts bossed the closing stages with Sam Barratt, Tarpey and Marks all going close as Margate crashed to a sixth straight defeat.

Magpies are without a game this weekend and return to league action on Saturday, December 17 when they host Dartford (3pm).