BREAKING NEWS: Travellers served 24-hour eviction notice
- Waltham St Lawrence traveller saga rumbles on
- Anger over Old Windsor planning inquiry
- Extra day needed for Old Windsor travellers' site inquiry as tempers begin to fray
- Removal of occupants of illegal travellers' site suspended after court order
- More than £20,000 paid out in bid to win Old Windsor traveller's site planning inquiry
SEVEN caravans pitched at New Windsor Community Centre have been told to leave by midday tomorrow (Wednesday).
The travellers arrived at the park, off Maidenhead Road, on Sunday and knocked down two bollards in Sawyers Close to enter the park which is used by young families and football teams.
One Dedworth resident, who did not want to be named, said: "It is extremely frustrating. They leave a lot of mess.
"The biggest problem is the fact the football season is starting soon. There are eleven youngster's teams who use the park and pay a lot of money to use it."
Inspector John McKee, of Thames Valley Police, served the notice at around 2pm today (Tuesday) and if they have not left by tomorrow's midday deadline he said they would be forced out.
This article appeared in Royal Borough Observer 14 Aug 12
Have your say. Post a comment on this article.