Firefighter's warning to smokers after fire near Royal Windsor Way
- Out of control bonfire blaze tackled by firefighters in Dedworth
- Car crashes into barrier on relief road
- Fear of lightning strike at a Windsor retirement flat leads to firefighter call out
- Review of fire services in Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead underway
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: M4 cleared after delays due to car fire
SMOKERS are being urged to be careful when discarding cigarettes after a patch of grass was set on fire.
A crew from Slough were called to a small grass fire between the Jubilee River and Royal Windsor Way (formerly Windsor Relief Road) at around noon today (Tuesday).
Firefighters used one hose reel to extinguish the fire, leaving after around 40 minutes.
Watch manager Paul Whiting said the fire was probably caused by a discarded cigarette, adding: "People need to be careful as conditions are still quite summery and dry."
This article appeared in Royal Borough Observer 18 Sep 12