Female spectator injures hip after seating collapse at Eton Dorney Lake
Dan Whiteway • Published 31 Jul 2012 14:30 0 Comments
- London 2012 Olympic Games heroes set to return to Eton, Dorney for World Rowing Cup
- Time trials success for star rowers Jack Beaumont and Adam Freeman-Pask
- Iconic rowing images illuminate Windsor Castle
- Windsor Castle to project "iconic" rowing images tonight
- Rob Williams celebrates dream homecoming
A SPECTATOR at Eton Dorney Lake for the rowing events was injured when a seat broke in the temporary grandstand at the venue.
The woman injured her hip whilst watching the Games events on Saturday when she fell after the spot-welding holding the seat in place came loose.
The collapse has prompted LOCOG to inspect the temporary seating at all of the 2012 venues with some defective seating being replaced.
A LOCOG spokeswoman said: "Together with the supplier, we have checked all the seats they have provided and a few seats in the venues have been replaced. The venues have been inspected and we are confident that the defect has been fixed."