Celebrity chef carries Olympic flame
- Cost of Olympic Torch to pass through Royal Borough revealed
- Athletic stars recognised in 2012 National Rankings
- Chef launches cookery school in Slough Trading Estate
- Young star Morgan Lake has Jessica Ennis looking over her shoulder
- EXCLUSIVE: Mallory Franklin wins Junior Canoe Slalom World Championship gold
CELEBRITY chef Heston Blumenthal has described his 'amazing experience' carrying the Olympic torch.
The television star and owner of The Fat Duck restaurant in Bray carried the torch between St Andrew's Way and Elmshott Lane in Cippenham at 12.40pm today.
Speaking after his leg of the torch relay, the 46-year-old said: "It was an absolutely amazing experience. The energy, the emotion - it was just fantastic!"
Thousands of people lined the Bath Road to watch the Olympic torch relay pass through Slough.
This article appeared in Royal Borough Observer 10 Jul 12