Pensioners evacuated from blaze
Richard Cutcher • Published 16 Feb 2012 11:30
- DNA test needed on victim of Datchet house fire
- Builders risk their lives during tragic Datchet house fire
- UPDATE: Man confirmed dead in 'significant' house fire in Datchet
- Three houses struck by fire in less than two hours
- Planning applications for Park Street fire homes to be granted high priority status
TEN pensioners needed breathing apparatus and another 21 were evacuated after an electrical fire in an old people's home.
Eleven fire appliances, including eight engines, from the Maidenhead, Windsor and Slough stations attended the blaze from 1.41am on Thursday morning which spread across two floors in Brill House, in Mercia Road, Cox Green.
The Maidenhead crew, lead by Ian Seurre, were first on the scene and heard "popping and snapping" coming from an electrical cupboard on the ground floor. As smoke poured out of the room, the crew decided to evacuate the property.
The fire was extinguished but crews remained on the scene until yesterday afternoon. No one was seriously injured.