FIREFIGHTERS have issued a waning about chip pans after a man suffered smoke inhalation.

The Maidenhead resident woke up to a blaze in his home after falling asleep and leaving his chip pan on.

Two crews from Maidenhead fire station and one from Slough were called to the Larchfield Estate at around 6.30pm yesterday evening.

The man had tried to extinguish the fire in his Bargeman Road home himself and suffered smoke inhalation so was taken to hospital.

A spokesman from Maidenhead fire station wanted to encourage users of chip fan to always be careful.

He said that you should always keep an eye on what you are cooking.