Campaigners gearing up for fight against new Pinewood plans
Published 24 May 2012 06:00 1 Comment
- Anger over Old Windsor planning inquiry
- Surprising figures show 70,000 commute into East Berkshire
- More than £20,000 paid out in bid to win Old Windsor traveller's site planning inquiry
- Windsor RFC return looking to finish South West One East job
- Mick Woodham frustrated after successive Windsor FC defeats
CAMPAIGNERS are vowing to renew their fight with Pinewood Studios over expansion plans - if they infringe upon the Green Belt.
Last week, bosses at the world-famous film studios in Pinewood Road, Iver Heath, revealed proposals that could double Pinewood's capacity, by developing up to 50 acres of land next to the site.
Pinewood announced on Wednesday last week that stakeholders, including Iver Heath residents and businesses, could comment on plans, yet to be unveiled, over the coming weeks.
District councillor for Iver Heath, Bill Lidgate, said people will support the plans as long as they do not infringe on the Green Belt.
Pinewood's Group Director of Corporate Affairs, Andrew Smith, said: "We genuinely want to get it right and listen to what our stakeholders are saying."
Plans submitted in 2009 to build 1,400 homes on the site next to the studios - known as Project Pinewood - sparked controversy.
South Bucks District Council refused the application and, following a Pinewood appeal, plans were turned down by the Government in January.
Cllr Lidgate said: "Stop Project Pinewood are dusting off their signs and their swords and are ready to battle."
This article appeared in Royal Borough Observer 23 May 12
Have your say. Post a comment on this article.
Jun 12, 16:14